Campers utilize many different methods when it comes to cooking at their campsite –
fire pit, traditional fire, grills, smokers. We recommend using what you are most
We’re here to feed your inspiration with quick and easy campsite meals!
Wondering what is on the menu?
● Camping Quesadillas
● Grilled Chicken and Veggies Skewers
● Waffle Cone Treats
● Cast Iron Skillet Pie/Cookie
● Skillet S’mores Dip
Yes, we listed three desserts… You are on vacation, afterall! Now let’s get started with
our first meal, Camping Quesadillas.
Camping Quesadillas | This can make a great lunch or a quick dinner!
4 Medium Flour Tortillas
2 8 oz. Chicken Breasts, Grilled and Sliced
1 Jar Tostitos Salsa Con Queso
1 Can Black Beans Rinsed and Drained
1 Cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
Spread 1 tablespoon salsa con queso over one side of a tortilla.
Place 1/4 cup chicken on half the tortilla over the salsa con queso. Sprinkle 1/4
cup black beans and about 1/4 cup cheese over the chicken.
Fold the other side of the tortilla over to cover ingredients. Place on a piece of tin
foil large enough to cover the quesadilla. Leave the ends open.
Place the foiled quesadilla on the grate directly over the campfire. Keep over-fire
until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
Remove from the grate and cut in four pieces. No plates needed because you
have the foil!
Grilled Chicken and Veggie Skewers
Grilled Chicken and Veggie Skewers | You may be on vacation, but remember to eat your vegetables! No worries, though, these Veggies Skewers look just as good as they taste – Even the kids will be begging for a second.
¼ Cup Olive Oil
¼ Cup Chopped Basil
¼ Cup Chopped Parsley
2 Cloves Garlic Minced
1 Lemon Juiced
1 Teaspoon Salt
½ Pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
8 oz Whole Mushrooms – Stems Removed
8 oz Cherry Tomatoes
2-3 Green Onions Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
1. Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl or ziplock bag. Add the chicken pieces and thoroughly coat. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and marinate for at least one hour. This step can be done at home ahead of time – Place the sealed bag in your cooler.
2. Fire up the grill or get your campfire going. You will be cooking on medium-high to high heat.
3. Build the kebabs by threading the chicken and vegetables onto your skewers.
4. Grill the kebabs over medium-high to high heat, turning occasionally so they cook evenly until the chicken is cooked through – About 10 minutes total.
5. Remove from the grill and enjoy!
Waffle Cone Treats
Ice cream is not the only sweet treat that can be served in a waffle cone! Create a waffle cone bar at the campsite one night for fun. Get creative with your toppings! A few options are marshmallows, M&Ms, peanut butter cups, graham crackers, fresh fruit, and gummy worms. To warm them up or melt any of the toppings, simply wrap them in aluminum foil and place over the campfire. The kiddos will be jumping for joy for this sweet treat! Cast Iron Skillet Pie/Cookie | Whether you consider this a big cookie or choose the toppings to turn this into a pie, this is super simple, and the little campers can even help!
1. Purchase your favorite cookie dough and toppings of choice.\
2. Line the cast iron skillet with cookie dough
3. Place your toppings on the dough.
4. Sit the skillet over the campfire and let it bake until the cookie dough is cooked to your liking.
Your camping neighbors will be wanting to join in just from smelling this! Skillet S’mores Dip | Camping without s’mores is unheard of. Here is a twist on a classic!
Cast Iron Skillet
Milk Chocolate Chips
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Heat the skillet over the campfire or on the grill.
2. Add in 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
3. Once melted, brush the entire skillet before adding in 1-3/4 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
4. Next, top the chocolate chips with 3 to 4 handfuls (if the kids are helping, add an extra handful since they have smaller hands) of marshmallows, enough to cover the top.
5. Let this cook for 3 – 5 minutes, then remove from the heat, and use the graham crackers to scoop the mixture! A sweet classic made simple!
Happy Camping in the Carolinas | Is your mouth watering, yet? These are just a few simple meal ideas – The possibilities are endless when it comes to campsite meals!
Have a quick and easy recipe? Be sure to share it with us!
So, pack up the camper, grab your tent, and let’s go Camping in the Carolinas.