Enjoy a relaxing getaway in the Tar Heel State at one of our partner campgrounds! Whether you’re a tent camper, a glamper or an RVer, you’ll find a place to camp that will suit your needs and your budget. When you use our platform to plan your camping adventures you’ll have the best campgrounds in North Carolina right at your fingertips. From the Outer Banks to Asheville and the triangle to Charlotte, you can camp your way across North Carolina with us!
• North Carolina has 1,500 lakes of 10 acres or more in size and 37,000 miles of fresh water streams.
• The Appalachian Mountains dominate the western portion of North Carolina with the highest peak sitting over 6,600 feet in the air.The Great Smoky Mountains are one of the greatest attractions in the area and can be driven thru on the 250 mile long Blue Ridge Parkway.
• North Carolina borders many diverse areas including the Atlantic Ocean and several other states. That gives it a wide range of options
• in terms of landscape and activities. You can enjoy the coast, the Piedmont, or the mountains all within the same state.
• North Carolina coasts have 900 square miles of water surrounding them.
• The Edisto River Canoe & Kayak Trail covers 66 miles of the river for which it is named. The Edisto is reputed to be the world’s longest free flowing “blackwater stream”.
• The Outer Banks of North Carolina hosts some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.
• The Upper Whitewater Falls is the highest cascade in eastern America descending for nearly 411 feet.
• Mount Mitchell in the Blue Ridge Mountains is the highest peak east of the Mississippi. It towers 6,684 feet above sea level.
• The Biltmore Estate in Asheville is America’s largest home.
• Fontana Dam is the tallest dam in the Eastern United States at 480 feet.
• Beech Mountain is Eastern America’s highest town at 5,506 feet above sea level.
• North Carolina has the largest state-maintained highway system in the US. The state’s highway system currently has 77,400 miles of roads.
North Carolina borders many diverse areas including the Atlantic Ocean and several other states. That gives it a wide range of options in terms of landscape and activities. You can enjoy the coast, the Piedmont, or the mountains all within the same state! From the Outer Banks to Wilmington, from Asheville and the mountains to the beautiful lakes, rivers and rolling hills of the piedmont, to the queen city of Charlotte and the capital city of Raleigh, you’ll love exploring all North Carolina has to offer!
If your choice is the mountains or the coast we have a featured campground just for you. Spend your days relaxing and your nights making memories. When you plan your adventures with our partners you know you’ll get top-notch services and quality amenities. Camp at properties you can trust!
Camping Carolinas.com will help you find the best places to camp no matter what your decision. Whether your choice is hiking the hills or relaxing in the sand and surf, or just finding a hidden gem in a new area you’ve never visited, we have the inside scoop on the best places to stay. Camping Carolinas.com will help you plan at the drop of a hat, and you’ll have the best campgrounds in the Carolinas right at your fingertips. Whether you’re a tent camper, a glamper, or an RVer, you’ll find a place to camp that will suit your needs and your budget!